Tag Archives: Regular Submission
The Arts & Letters Regular Submission Period is open August 1, 2020 through January 31, 2021.
We Accept Unsolicited Submissions of:
- Poetry: 4-6 poems per submission (suggested)
- Fiction: manuscripts up to 25 pages
- Flash Fiction: 1-3 pieces per submission up to 1,000 words each
- Creative Nonfiction: manuscripts up to 25 pages
General Submission Guidelines:
- Send only one submission per genre at any one time. (In other words, submitting a short story and an essay at the same time is fine, but please wait to hear from us before submitting another story.)
- All submissions must be typed and all prose double-spaced.
- Average notification time for acceptance is 8-12 weeks.
- Upload each entry as one document. We accept doc, docx, txt, pdf and rtf files.
- Simultaneous submissions are fine; just please let us know right away if your work is accepted elsewhere.
- To withdraw only part of your submission (such as a single poem), log into Submittable, go to “My Submissions,” click on your submission to Arts & Letters, and send us a message explaining which part of your submission you are withdrawing.
- Although you may withdraw your submission at any time, the fee is nonrefundable.
NOTE: We no longer accept print submissions. Print submissions will be recycled without response.
Why the fee?
Online submissions are quick, easy, and efficient. For the convenience of online submission we charge a $3 fee (about the cost of submitting by post), part of which goes to support the online platform. The rest directly supports the journal’s editorial and production costs (including contributor payment).